For optimal care of your modern cloth nappies, the following is a recommended wash routine based on guidelines from tthe Cloth Nappy Help website (https://www.clothnappyhelp.com.au/). Please refer to the website for advice specific to your circumstances. Once you get into a routine, it's a breeze! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
1. We recommend pre-washing your nappies to remove any residue from washable markers.
2. If soiled, remove any solids immediately and rinse. Use stain remover, if necessary. Nappies with only wee do not need rinsing.
3. Store used nappies in a “dry pail” (e.g., an open basket with large holes to allow airflow and to reduce ammonia build-up and bacteria growth).
4. Daily pre-wash used nappies at 40 to 60°C on a short cycle (e.g., 30 to 60 minutes) with a half a scoop of a good detergent (see link below). Store in a dry pail for up to 3 days until the main wash, depending on your nappy load.
5. Main wash all pre-washed nappies at 40 to 60°C on a long cycle (e.g., 2.5 hours) with a full scoop of a good detergent and a spin up to 800rpm).
6. For drying, nappy inserts can be air dried or dried in a tumble dryer. The nappy outer shells should only be air dried in the shade, not in direct sunlight or in a tumble dryer to avoid de-lamination.
*Do not use fabric softener
* Please note: Genuine KAM snaps are used on all nappies and bags. Although the snaps are reinforced with an extra layer of fabric, as these snaps are very strong, please take care when unsnapping to protect the fabric
from pulls or rips.
FOR OTHER PRODUCTS
Bags can be washed up to a maximum temperature of 60°C and then air dried in the shade, not in direct sunlight or a tumble dryer to avoid de-lamination.
Reusable wipes can be washed up to a maximum temperature of 60°C and air dried or tumble dried.
Clothes made from Cotton Lycra (95% Cotton, 5% Spandex) and Cotton Woven (100% Cotton) should be washed on a Cold cycle to minimise fading and shrinkage. Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting.